Pumpkin Pasta with Rosemary Cream Sauce Recipe
Our Pumpkin Pasta with Rosemary Cream Sauce recipe gives fettuccine alfredo a fall-style makeover by adding pumpkin and nutmeg to the pasta, a healthy dose of rosemary to the cream sauce, and some pepitas for a little festive texture.
Pumpkin Pasta Dough (Leite Culinaria’s recipe)
- 1/3 cup puréed cooked pumpkin (or canned pumpkin purée)
- 2 large eggs
- 2+ cups “00” flour
- 2 Tbsp semolina flour, plus more for work surface
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
Mushrooms & Sausage
- 4 whole portobello mushrooms, sliced in 1/2” strips
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper
- 5 Italian sausages, hot or mild
Rosemary cream sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 fresh sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 Tbsp dried Rosemary
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan, fresh grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pepitas, for garnish
Pumpkin Pasta with Rosemary Cream Sauce
Pumpkin Pasta Dough
- In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin and 1 egg.
- In a food processor, briefly pulse “00” flour, semolina flour, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add pumpkin mixture to food processor and briefly pulse until well-combined. Add the other egg and pulse until dough beings to look crumbly.
- Remove from food processor and, on a semolina floured work surface, press dough into ball. Knead the dough until it’s smooth. Form into ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Either hand-cut or with a machine, cut dough into fettuccine. Boil for 2-3 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
Mushrooms & Sausage
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except mushroom and sausage. Carefully toss mushrooms strips in sauce.
- Grill mushroom strips and sausage to taste.
Rosemary Cream Sauce
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add butter, olive oil, and fresh rosemary. Add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic dried rosemary, and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant.
- Slowly stir in milk and heavy cream. Slowly bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken. Stir in parm cheese, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in mushrooms, sausage, and pasta until everything is well-coated. Garnish with pepitas and serve immediately.
Made This Recipe? Leave A Review!