Watermelon Martini Recipe
This Watermelon Martini is all about RESPECT. Respect that delicate Watermelon flavor. Don’t make barf-flavored hard candy out of it and hawk it to kids so that every time they think of watermelon-flavored things they brace themselves for a few dry heaves. Watermelon is fresh and juicy and tastes like summer eternal. So should any watermelon-flavored cocktail. Makes us want to hit 100mph on the highway with the top down and mouths hanging open like idiots as bugs crash into our throats and we cough too loud to hear the hot weather tunes.
- 5 mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 oz gin
- 1.5 oz fresh watermelon juice
- 1/2 oz elderflower liqueur
- 1/4 oz orange liqueur
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- Spear of watermelon cubes, for garnish
- Mint sprig, for garnish
- In a shaker, add mint and lime then muddle for 5 or so seconds. Add the rest of the ingredients and ice, then shake until well-chilled.
- Using a mesh strainer (a bar strainer is too fine), strain shaker contents into container with spout. Transfer liquid to coupe glass and garnish with watermelon spear and mint sprig. Enjoy!