Chipotle Sweet Potatoes au Gratin Recipe
These Chipotle Sweet Potatoes au Gratin are like a mariachi band crashed a Sartre book club. Just when everybody was aloofly warding off l’appel du vide with some fancy af potatoes, the brass and accordion hit, and out came the Modelos and dancing. What we’re trying to say is this is a French-Mexican fusion dish. ¡Órale!
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pack Wild Fork Uncured Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 chipotles in adobo sauce, minced
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- ~1/2 cup Monterey jack, shredded
Chipotle Sweet Potatoes au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice sweet potatoes. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in an oval-shaped dish so that slices are packed tightly enough that they stand on end with a slight lean. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown sausage until cooked through. Remove from pan and add to dish with sweet potatoes in it. Make sure to tuck some sausage in between potatoes to evenly distribute.
- In same pan over medium-low heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, garlic, and chipotles and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add heavy cream and bring to simmer. Continue simmering for about 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened a bit. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and pour sauce over potatoes.
- Top potatoes with Monterey Jack. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and cheese is has begun to brown. Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Made This Recipe? Leave A Review!